The Jewel Box
The Jewel Box Vol.1 is a downloadable collection of 29 guitar lessons, complete with audio, notation, tab and an explanation and analysis of the ideas presented, along with suggestions for developing the ideas in your own way.
Click the ‘download’ link on the music player. All the notation/tab etc., is included in the download.
The lessons range from simple to complex, so for an example of what’s included, here are two of the 29 PDFs included in the download: a simple one [listen] featuring some laid-back, funky comping, and a more complex one [listen] featuring a syncopated, chromatic fusiony solo. And, if you want, all the audio can be previewed in the player below.
You can also hit the ‘Share’ button on the player to embed it on Facebook, MySpace or just about anywhere, or email it to a friend. It really helps to spread the word!
Table of Contents:
- 4 Ways To Target Chord IV
- 4 Ways To Approach The Turnaround
- How To Solo Using Triplet Groupings
- Jazz Fusion Solo & Miscellaneous Bending Techniques
- Jimi’s Chords, Wes’s Octaves, Metheny’s Phrasing And The Tri-Tone Substitution
- 4 Burning Lydian Dominant Licks
- Unlocking The Super Locrian
- Mixing Major And Minor Pentatonics Ala BB King And Rhythmic Scale Exercises
- Making The Changes: Using Triads 1
- Making The Changes: Using Triads 2
- Making The Changes: Using Triads 3
- Making The Changes: Using Triads 4
- Making The Changes: Using Triads 5
- Making The Changes: Using Triads 6
- How To Use Octaves And Chords In The Style Of Wes Montgomery
- Double-Time Soloing In The Style Of Wes Montgomery
- Simple Funky Comping Using 3rds & 7ths
- Funky Soloing In The Style Of Grant Green
- Four-To-The-Bar Comping Using Inversions And Passing Chords
- Spacious And Simple Comping On A Laid-Back Funky Minor Blues
- Phrasing Expansion: Inflections And Articulation
- A Documentary About Cuddly Pets And Their Owners
- Suspended Harmony – Focusing On The 4th
- 4ths, Consecutive 4ths, Damnation And Pain
- Contrasting Simple And Extended Minor Harmony
- A Rhythm Gtr Part Using Sextuplets In 12/8 Phrased In Groups Of Five
- Anticipation, Chromaticism, MelodicUppyDownyism, Syncopation And Sleepless Nights
- Fingerstyle Constant Bass With Improvised Upper Part [exercises]
- Fingerstyle Constant Bass With Improvised Upper Part [solo example]
Plans are afoot for Jewel Box Vol.2. Sign up to the mailing list and I’ll let you know when it’s out.