Here are some pics from last night’s Jane Shore gig at Ealing Town Hall.
Classic Cinema Club Ealing and PRS For Music Foundation had commissioned Laura to write an original score to the British Film Institute’s silent 1915 film JANE SHORE, the first British epic and one that rivalled the best productions coming out of Hollywood at the time. Jane Shore was filmed in part at Ealing Studios and produced by Will Barker who founded the original studio and built the complex. The BFI have made a newly restored colour tinted version for the film’s centenary birthday celebration.
Now that we’ve done the first concert we’re taking the show across the country. The PRS for Music Foundation and The Arts Council England have given us some support so that we can take the show on the road.
So, please come along and see and hear it for yourself!
Jane Shore Centenary Tour 2015
- February 27th: Ealing Town Hall (PREMIERE), 7.30 PM [flyer]
- February 27th: Ealing Town Hall, Schools performance & Masterclass, 2.00 PM [flyer]
- March 24th: Duke of York’s Cinema, Brighton, 11.00 AM. Box Office 0871 902 572 [flyer]
- April 15th: Arts Picture House, Cambridge, 6.30 PM. Box Office 0871 902 5720 [flyer]
- April 17th: BFI Southbank, London, 6.30 PM. Box Office 020 7928 3232 [flyer]
- April 22nd: Abbeygate Cinema, Bury St Edmunds, 6.30 PM. Box Office 0871 902 5722 [flyer]
- May 14th: Cinema Museum SE11, 7.30 PM. Box Office 020 7840 2200 [flyer]
- May 22nd: Teignmouth Film Society, Devon, 8.00 PM. [flyer]
- May 24th: Exeter Phoenix, Devon, 8.00 PM. Box Office: 01392 667080 [flyer]
- CCCE organiser Alan Granley taking a selfie along with all the excellent people who came out to support the gig and made it into such a great night. Ta!
- Sophie Langdon was playing the violin. It’s such a treat to play with Sophie. She’s an unbelievably strong and expressive player.
- Here’s Sophie, Laura, me, and just out of shot was Miriam Lowbury playing the cello who’s another stellar player. Miriam and Sophie have played together for years, so it’s great to watch just how easily they connect, and how much they enjoy playing together.
- Here’s my setup, Acoustic gtr, Electric, and Glock. We’re set up facing each other which is such a great way to play music together.
So all in all it was an amazing start to the tour. Ealing Classic Cinema Club are doing a fantastic thing in Ealing, so if you’re nearby and like films, I’d highly recommend going along to one of their events.
You can find out more about them here: http://classiccinemaclub.co.uk/
You can follow Laura here: https://twitter.com/laurarossimusic
For more details on Laura’s music go to http://www.laurarossi.com
Hope to see you at one of those gigs!